View Single Post
Old 05-23-19, 09:52 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
My TT workout this morning was scheduled as an 8 min interval at 112% or greater, then two 9 min intervals at 100%. Actually that was yesterday’s workout but had a stressful day at work on Tuesday and didn’t feel like getting up early on Wednesday to get the workout done.

I decided with the extra rest day, I could shoot for 116% and it was going great. First four minutes at 115%, right on target. Then a car pulled out in front of me, I had a ten second pause to avoid that collision. Really wanted to make my target and poured it on. Didn’t quite make it, factoring in the pause, but rode the four minutes after at 119%. Factoring out the 10 second pause, I managed 8 minutes at 117%. Boo yah.

Wanted to get some race efforts in around 5800ft this weekend, this is the altitude I’ll be racing at in New Mexico in a few weeks. We were planning on camping up at Mt Pinos and I’d do my TT efforts in the Lockwood Valley. But the weather is not cooperating. Some friends lent us their cabin in Big Bear this weekend, where it will be just as cold but the cabin makes it much more doable. Planning on some TT efforts at Baldwin Lake, totally flat course like New Mexico, but at 6700 ft instead. Whatever. We’ll see what these short max efforts feel like at altitude. And maybe squeeze in a wee mountain bike ride, once I get all the work done.
Likes For Heathpack: