Old 07-02-21, 12:16 AM
jccaclimber

Bikes: n, I would like n+1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
that is a shame to hear. i haven't bought any craftsman tools in a long time. then, i see lowe's carries them a few weeks ago. i wonder if their tools (other than screwdrivers) are worth the price? i didn't bother to ask if they had the old school lifetime warranty craftsman used to have. i couldn't afford the sockets...lol. well, not the set, anyway. i did get a single 12pt 10mm with 1/2 drive. i'll likely only ever use the thing once for a number of years. needed it for the drive shaft on my honda
I should walk that back a bit. I think they still have the warranty, but it isn’t worth it if they sell you a cheap tool. I used to be willing to pay a premium for them over say a Lowe’s or HD tool. Decent tool and a really good warranty. Now the tools aren’t any better than the other box stores who I think have a similar warranty. Plus it’s easier for me to go to the nearest Lowe’s or HD than it is to go to the nearest Sears.
I don’t make enough money on my tools or spend enough time holding them over my head to justify the expense on Snap-On even if they are better tools, although next time my ratchets break I’ll probably go that route just for the finer pitch.
I’ve been going Wiha/Wera for allens and modular screwdrivers lately (at work), although I’m not a fan of their small sockets (for not entirely rational reasons). I’ve never looked to see if they have a warranty as the time to send something back isn’t cost effective, but they don’t break often outside of high volume automation, so it doesn’t really matter.