Thread: Cruzbike
View Single Post
Old 10-26-21, 06:38 AM
marquisdesod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I tried an old Cruzbike back in July while looking for a road bike replacement and wondered how anyone could ever ride one. I kept looking and the design intrigued me so I found a nice used Silvio 2.0 a month later with the idea to learn to ride it over a year and if I didn't like it, sell it. I followed the learn to ride videos and threads on the Cruzbike website and within 8 days was tentatively trying it on the roads.. Within 100 miles of riding I was feeling comfortable on a group ride and was falling in love with the speed and increasing comfort . I say increasing because the death grip I had at the beginning lead to sore hands and shoulders. Those have gone away with practice. I have @ 400 miles on the bike and am very comfortable though not as smooth with my pedal stroke as more experienced riders . I got the chance to ride a V20 last week for a 30 miler and , though I was worried the more reclined position would be squirrelly to ride, it was like butter, and FAST. Remember that it IS like learning to ride a bike all over again, and you will be retraining your brain, but , at 65, I thought that was a good exercise and I'm so glad I took the leap.
Likes For marquisdesod: