Gerryattrick
Beicwyr Hapus

Bikes: Genesis Equilibrium, Genesis Datum, Whyte 901 Dawes 701,1973 Harry Hall

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 16 Posts
Tough year starting to get me down

Haven't been on BF too much recently, but I remembered this sub-forum and thought I'd share my tale as another oldie cyclist trying to keep cycling.

Until last year I have always been fit and had not had any serious illnesses to worry about, but this year, my 74th, has been a real downer healthwise, with a prostate cancer diagnosis in January, and a high blood pressure diagnosis in March, now under control. Two months ago, after some chest pains, the doctors found I have a double blockage of electrical signals to my heart. A week ago, after passing out and knocking myself unconscious I was taken to hospital and have now been fitted with a pacemaker because of the heart condition. For the first time in my life I am on a regular prescription for drugs, for the BP.

I felt OK after the cancer diagnosis as it is fairly low grade, being monitored regularly, and not uncommon for a man of my age but the others have really made me feel my age.

I have continued cycling through all this and fully intend to, once I have got over the rest period for the op.
Likes For Gerryattrick: