Old 09-17-20, 04:58 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 1,486 Times in 870 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
What kinds of "stuff"? Seriously, if you're just riding and not commuting, what do you need to carry other than a spare tube and some tools?

I do 50+ miles rides and this is all i carry.
Serious stuff...
I don't carry anything other than a flat kit/multi-tool if I'm "just riding", but I also sometimes ride my bike to do things other than just riding, and like to be able to carry things. I don't actually carry much of anything when commuting to the office (back when we did that), because my commute is short and I just ride in street clothes, but on weekends and evenings I use my bikes for lots of reasons. Sometimes I'm going shopping, visiting friends, going to a park, going to a museum, stopping to get a drink or a meal, running errands, etc. Sometimes I'm combining those activities with longer rides.

Here is some of the "stuff", beyond keys, wallet and phone which usually just fit into my pockets:
  • Anything bought at a retail store
  • Food or drinks or other things, either to stop and eat along the way, or maybe to visit a friend for a meal, or to buy and bring home, etc.
  • Street clothes, a pair of street shoes - useful if I'm planning on doing things with friends/family, and later "take the long way home".
  • Bike locks - in the city this is two U-locks
  • Camera equipment so I can visit interesting places and take photos of interesting things
  • A book so that I can stop and read under a tree in a park
  • A bluetooth speaker so I can listen to music while I read my book
  • A laptop or tablet so I can log into BF and justify my use of a bag on my road bike, or do other things that I might do on a laptop or tablet
Likes For msu2001la: