Old 02-16-22, 11:05 AM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
The Gitane Mixte is finished. I'm thinking it might be a 68 or 69 but not certain. I tried to use original or era specific parts where ever I could. The original bars were so short that no brake levers other than the original curved plastic ones would work so I substituted some "mustache"? bars that were similar and allowed for vintage levers. I had some trouble getting the shifting to work. The chain kept jumping off the chainring . I finally determined that there wasn't enough adjustment in the front derailleur stops. I substituted a longer adjustment screw in the outboard stop and that allowed me to move the stop closer to the chain which solved the problem. Now it shifts as well as the antique mech is capable of. The paint color is Rustoleum Tuscan gold. I am going to use the same paint on the Gitane TDF Service course that had a bent frame which I had professionally repaired and re aligned. It should be a beautiful pair of bikes.

Last edited by capnjonny; 02-16-22 at 11:10 AM.