Old 03-05-22, 07:13 AM
DLBroox

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, Dahon Mu Uno, Origami Wasp

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by joey buzzard
Have you considered looking for something second hand?

A Xootr Swift might fit your need for speed well. Unfortunately it's been out of production for the past 5 years or so. These do come up for sale second hand from time to time though.

Snapped this pic of mine yesterday on a ride up from my village Orgiva into Sierra Nevada National Park. I got to where there was some spotty snow at Puente Palo 1335 meters or so above where I started in Orgiva (about 4380 feet of climbing). More than half the ride was unpaved. I'm training to get in shape for a ride on Xootie from the beach on the coast near Salobreña up over the mountains at La Veleta which is the highest paved road in Europe (3380 meters) then down the other side ending up in Granada in a single day. If I don't drop dead on arrival I'll celebrate with a thirst quenching beverage at on of the fancy places under La Alhambra.

I love my Swift. It's a no-******** wonderful fast bike and it cost me a fraction of some of the other high performance fast folders. It's like my road bike got married to my best BMX racing bike I ever had growing up and they had a beautiful clever child together. The ride is very stiff. It's absolutely gorgeous. If you can get your hands on one, highly recommended.
I do look for discontinued bikes. Hadn’t thought about that one but I’ll keep my eye out. If I find one I’m going to come meet you and ride with you there! Those pics are beautiful!