01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jenny.Reyshion
Hi,

anyone know where i can buy something like the light on the picture, basically it is safe bike lane :

These types of rear light ( with lasers ) have been around for at least a couple years. First place I saw them was on the Chinese websites. Most are just cheap junk but I bought one just for the hell of it. It works but IMO the "laser bike lane" idea is just a gimmick. Just because your lamp throws a couple red lines on the road doesn't mean anyone in a car is really going to see it and then react to it. Besides, you want them to see YOU, not a couple red lines on the road near your bike. Buy a lamp with a decent rear output. Forget about wasting battery power to power a couple lasers. It might look cool standing next to the bike but I doubt anyone driving by you in a car is going to notice.

BTW, just the other day I saw an ad for a new Nightrider lamp ( Sentinal ) that will be using lasers. When I saw that ad I just shook my head because I feel the laser lane idea is just stupid. Otherwise the NR Sentinal ( when available ) will still have a nice 150 lumen output. Anyway if you really just want a cheap Chinese version look on ebay, Amazon, etc. Just run "rear laser bike light" on their search engine, that should give you something.