View Single Post
Old 11-23-16, 10:26 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
With regards to this specific bicycle, it would depend on what the bike actually is.

If its an 83, thats a pretty sweet bike. Tange 2 tubing, Deore drivetrain, Shimano 600 hubs, front and rear racks included.
...problem is, there was no chrome Voyageur in '83. The only chrome Voyageurs were during the first two years of when the 11.8 was around, so 1980 and 1981.

I could see an '83 going for $500 without a second thought. And if it were an '83 SP model, I wouldnt think twice if someone paid $650. The difference being canti brakes instead of sidepull(a plus), a Sugino crank(a plus), Sanshin sealed hubs, stainless spokes, and Suntour Mountech/Superbetech derailleurs(perhaps a negative).

But a NOS chrome 11.8? Boy, maybe $400? The newness is awesome and the chrome would be really cool since its new, but its still an 11.8 that was a nice bike but oddly spec'd(i have one btw).

I would need to see the bike to assess the actual condition. 35+ year old chrome that has been stored poorly could make it a nonstarter of a deal.

Totally depends on the bike as far as how much more NOS is worth. A couple hundred at times, or $900 at times. More even for the wild Italian bikes.

The 'VC3' on the box most likely means a 23" frame. Voyageur Chrome 23"