View Single Post
Old 04-29-22, 04:58 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
During this evening's ride I came upon two women on my local trail. Honestly, I could smell them before I saw them (going through a succession of blind corners). Once I got to within 50 yards I began to actually taste the perfume one - or perhaps both - had apparently bathed in. I couldn't have stayed behind stalking them if I tried; it was truly nauseating.

Now I have to wonder if overloading on perfume is a defense mechanism? Anyone else experience this?

As for the rest, it's hard in today's world to know if we (men) are ever doing the right thing in regard to women. So many standards and opinions, from too many sources. Makes one wonder how our parents ever met, fell in love, married, and had us. A friendly hello can be creepy to some, openly social to others.

Don't even get me started on the double standards, because both sexes can and do commit the most heinous of actions against each other. It's not like men are the only creepy/cringey ones out there doing dirt - far from it.

DD
I don't think it's a double standard, it's that it's overwhelming how much more routine it is for men to act this way than women.

As far as how previous generations got together, I think the internet has fundamentally changed that. And I'm not referring to dating services, that's just a small part of it.