View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 11:31 AM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked 1,886 Times in 1,085 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Been gone for a bit, but it's good to be back. I had some schedule challenges, a nasty cold, and some motivation struggles that kept me off the bike for a while, and likewise didn't feel motivated to hang out here. I'm back on my bike on a more regular basis over the last couple of weeks, and threw some retail therapy at my motivation with the purchase of a new (used) MTB. C'mon UPS!!

My youngest daughter graduated HS a couple of weeks go, and has just 5 more weekends of travel softball tournaments. At the end of Sept, she will be off to college. It's going to be a very different lifestyle for my wife and I. For the last 10 years, softball has dictated the schedule of our life pretty much every day, all year long - practices, lessons, games, travel, etc. It's been an exciting journey, and I'm bummed it's coming to an end, but I am looking forward to slowing down the pace of our life a bit...and riding my bike more...and building some stuff...and maybe playing music again...
congrats on your youngest graduating

recall that time - for us it was the start of the start of empty nest

but we were fortunate to have the youngest around for the summers - unlike his older brother who was basically gone / never returned after he started fresh year of college

there are some benefits of course - with no sports / travel ball / activities etc more time for whatever - including bikes
Likes For t2p: