View Single Post
Old 11-15-22, 10:12 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by flangehead
If you gain nothing that's OK. I encounter flukes from time to time that can kill me so my personal point is to learn what I can from them. Sharing them here helps me do that.
I don't get why having a bunch of people who weren't there speculate as to how they would have handled it better helps, but if you find benefit from it, who am I to question that? Your process is your process.

I would point out that the "20/20 hindsight at best" quote you excerpted was my valuation of my own opinion on how to handle it and wasn't a shot at yours or anyone else's opinion.

BTW, I think the feature of a situation like that that I find super frustrating is the weight-triggered traffic light. It just adds another complicating factor into lane placement as you need to leave a car enough room to roll over the trigger. I've also been in too many situations where the presence of such a light leaves me with rolling a red as being the only viable solution.