Old 08-14-18, 08:15 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by southernfox
It's becoming a pattern with Carleton. I don't know what I did to make him so upset.
lol "becoming a pattern"?

I state fairly clearly my objection to your sweeping statements.

1) You declare what works for you should work for everyone.
2) You write as though every athlete here is your height, weight, age, strength, and genetic profile.
3) "Small gears", "Big gears", "Spinning", "Grinding" are all relative terms. What works for a 22 year old may not work for a 62 year old.

Is that clear enough?

The result of writing that way is that new racers (who come here for info) may leave with the impression that they should be doing local F200s and Keirins on 110" gears and anything less than that is ludicrous.

A 22 year old, strong, fit male athlete riding a 110" gear on a 400M track is a much different experience than a 62 year old new racer, not strong, not fit, riding a 110" gear on a 200M track.

You should writing unfounded, detailed, absolute statements as though it's gospel. You've been doing that since you started racing and started on this forum (all about the same time). Is that harsh enough?

I'm a know it all...and I also know one when I see one.

Again: Big gears work. What is considered "big" is relative. Is there debate about those two statements in succession together?

Last edited by carleton; 08-14-18 at 08:25 AM. Reason: 62 not 52