Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Trek Verve+ 2 Hybrid E-Bike

Just placed an order for one of these.

The rack and fenders were a priority for me along with wider/thicker tires, so some sort of hybrid proved to be most suitable.

Looking here at the geometry for thr XL size:

1. Bottom bracket height of 305mm seems unnecessarily high to me. Whats the point?

2. The head tube angle is very slack. A trail of 9.5 seems quite high for a bike designed for pavement. My priority for this bike was something comfortable so I dont care, but how would you guys expect something like this to handle.? Slow and comfortable?

the bike comes with 700x45 tires, another plus for me. But does anyone think that the overall tire diameter is unnecessarily large? Usually i am against trying out different diameter wheels, but would a 650b wheelset positively impact the trail and lower the bottom bracket down to a more reasonable height as per intended use?

What do you think of the adjustable quill stem? Would you switch it out for something fixed for better rigidity?

If I wanted to install my spare 190mm crank arms and bottom bracket onto this bike (Bosch Active Line motor,) would it be possible? Assuming I can get a good chainline

Lastly, 460mm ATC for the fork... I guess its to account for the massive diameter tires. Will it work fine for pavement use? If i hypothetically installed a shorter length fork onto this bike to steepen the angles a little and lower the bottom bracket, would it handle well?

The proposed changes are not something im looking to do, as I would not have bothered to buy such a bike if I was this concerned about handling. I am mainly concerned about commuting comfort.

If anyone is interested and would like to read a review once I test out the bike, let me know!

Thanks!