Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Seems like a great bike and I'm a big fan of Trek anyway. Try it out before deciding on any alterations. Shouldn't need to worry about tire size with the motor, and I'm sure Trek has the system dialed. Doubt the adjustable stem will be a problem, but I don't like them. Easy to change.
I agree. But 302mm for the bottom bracket height is typical for a mountain bike! It's very high for a simple commuter, especially one which uses 170mm crank arms.. on an XL frame. Totally not necessary.

On my FX 7.3, the bb height is about ~285mm and I've only had a few minor scrapes here and there with the end of my 190mm crank arms during the odd tight turn. That would would be a totally sufficient height for an XL hybrid bike assuming you need the clearance for those long arms.

Adjustable stem can be useful. Don't think it would be a problem unless we're talking about a more spirited bike. I'll be fine with the more upright riding position because I got a fairly aggressive handlebar to saddle drop going on with my trek fx.