Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by late
My wife has a Verve 2+. The tires dragged on the fenders, and since we stay on the road, I replaced them with Schwalbe Marathon Supremes in a 42. You would prob want their Marathon Plus 440 or 492. I have been trying to get the 492s for a year.

I put a Thudbuster on it, she loves it.

What is your leg length? If you're all leg, and you actually need a 190, you'll be glad it has a high bottom bracket. You prob don't want more than a 180. Spin, don't mash..

Her bike doesn't have mtb style forks up front. I'm not a fan of cheap forks like that. If you decide to swap forks, see if the older model fork will fit. If you want shock absorbtion, get a suspension stem. I have a Redshift on my bike, it's ok. That also saves a little weight.
You can adjust the fenders to fit up to 700 x 50c.. depends on how they were installed.

I actually picked up the bike yesterday the motor assist is extremely smart and intuitive. Very good handling bike and a beautifully smooth high quality ride. Good handling, just not very fast turn in because of the slack head tube angle, but push around turns fluidly and the handling is very good. Its a stable ride.

My inseam is 87.5cm . 190mm is slightly too long, but better than way too short. It was all I could find. I would like 185 or 187.5mm ..

I tend to ride with a mix between mash and spin. E bikes use their own bottom brackets and cranks, so doubt its worth the trouble of switching it out.

Rigid forks greatly improve the responsiveness and agility of the bike on reasonably smooth surfaces. They can still handle rougher terrain with a good rider. Even a suspension fork with lock out functionality will never perform nearly as well unless your entire commute is one horrific road surface condition.

For the roads here in Toronto, I would honestly prefer suspension. But most of the pavement in the suburbs where I live are smooth enough to really get the most of a rigid fork.

I would maybe consider getting a rigid fork with a shorter ATC (and convert the headset to threadless and try some new stems) .

Other than that, the only other serious mod idea i have is to try a 650b wheelset.