View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 09:23 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
I feel like we haven't had one of these in a while so why not.

For degreaser I like citrus stuff or the Rock N Roll Miracle Red (which I mainly use for grease stains on clothing these days)
Lube: Anything is good but I do tend to go for the Finish Line Ceramic Wax but really any is good.
Cleaner: Dr. Bronners for everything but I got a bottle of the Muc-Off pink stuff because I can spray it and it was on sale. I did enjoy the Bike Lust and should still have some but I don't really clean my stuff as well as I used to so I probably use it less.
Grease: Phil Wood though I also have some purple Pedro's Grease that I use sometimes.

Though probably most of that stuff is pretty good especially if you are greasing and lubing with regularity and checking things. I try to avoid SC Johnson and Proctor and Gamble if I can. it is never bad to skip that crap.

For tools:
Snap-On, Abbey, PB-Swiss, Wera, Knipex...all generally really good stuff. Park Tool makes some decent stuff here and there but there generic tools are not worth it for the most part and yeah there are generally better tools for a lot of stuff but I have used a lot worse tools. For generic tools like say Hex Wrenches buy the absolute best ones out there don't skimp. Tools you use infrequently and especially those that don't require much torque you can buy lower initial cost stuff but if you are planing on wrenching professionally or want to have these tools for years again buy the best stuff you can buy it slowly and do not buy sets (unless it is a set of hex wrenches or sockets or something) get the tools you know you are going to use individually yes it may cost more initially but you won't be stuck with crap.
Likes For veganbikes: