View Single Post
Old 06-17-22, 08:49 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Saddle for various riding positions

Does anyone know of a saddle that works well in both aggressive (i.e. pelvis rotated forward) and more upright riding positions? Googling quite a bit, it seems saddles are made for one or the other. And I guess that makes sense, but I wonder if there is a saddle that does work well enough for both.

I recently tried the SQLab 612R and it works wonders for my back and climbing, with the step at the back giving a lot of support, however, unless I rotate my pelvis forward and basically go as aero as I can and almost 'lie' on the saddle, it doesn't work. With the pelvis rotated it feels great, no pressure anywhere, but as soon as you want to go in a more upright position, you can feel the sit bones digging more and more into the saddle the more you go upright*. And I don't want to ride aggressively 100% of the time.

* Interestingly, when climbing you do sit more upright, too, but here you don't get the pressure as when riding upright on the flats.

Update: I ended up trying 3 saddles on the pressure mat, and went for the SQLabs Ergowave 612 Carbon. Not the R version. It is a lot less hard and much easier in an upright position, though slightly worse, for me, in an aggressive position. But overall it works very well.

Last edited by ZHVelo; 08-09-22 at 12:56 AM.