Old 07-12-22, 01:11 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
A belated trip report on the July 4 ride up Glendora Mountain Road.

First, big thanks to the folks who humored me through changing my gearing to allow me to try this ride on my vintage Ironman ("Miami Vice" model). I spent most of the day in 39/28.

Got there later than I meant to, but that meant that I came across JimmyNH in the parking lot; thankfully, he has posted pics here, so I knew it was him. Mentioned that I had seen him at the ride two years before. Also realized that I had left sunscreen at home, but decided it would be worth the pain to go without it. It was.

I've done this ride the previous two years - nearly all of my riding is commuting with occasional shorter rides thrown in. This was the longest ride I've done in decades - 45 miles from the parking lot to the village, where I met up with JimmyNH again. We had a nice chat while we rested, and then started down the hill together. He lost me a few times on the descents, but in general it was fun to ride with him.

Anyway, it was a good day, sunburn has started to peel, and I'm back to commuting this week. Back for more next year!

Last edited by Chinghis; 08-06-22 at 01:47 PM.
Likes For Chinghis: