View Single Post
Old 08-01-22, 06:47 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 728 Times in 373 Posts
Originally Posted by AlgarveCycling

You appear to have next to zero experience compared to many on this forum - it is pretty clear from your posts. Some of us here are trying to share what we have learned from racing at National and Professional level, who have won races, to answer your questions. But you choose to suggest you know better, despite being a 270lb guy who would get dropped by a Cat 5 training group on a social outing. No disrespect, but this is how you come across.

Not entirely sure this was aimed at me. I’ll be the first to admit that I am at best a middling amateur bike racer. However the nature of bike racing in the U.S. means that a decent amateur race ends up in races against top level professionals. So, I’ve raced against some f the best riders in the world. And being fortunate enough to afford some great cycling experiences, I’ve ridden all over,the world with some incredibly talented people and rubbed elbows with the best of the best cyclists.

None of that makes me super special, but gives me some insight.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.

Last edited by Hermes; 08-03-22 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Removed rude, off topic language and going around the sensor