View Single Post
Old 03-22-21, 03:29 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10421 Post(s)
Liked 11,884 Times in 6,088 Posts
The bike is all the way back together, shifting well and indexing properly. BUT, I haven't completed the installation of the stem/bars or the brake cables. I put the Cinelli Nerve handlebar together with a 130mm #T Synthesis stem I had, put the stem in at minimum insertion, attached the brake levers with tips aligned with the drops, and then measured carefully. I had 11.4cm of saddle-to-bar drop. That's a while inch more than my second-lowest bike. And then, despite being a smaller frame, the saddle-to-hoods reach was more than any other bike.

But it was 2 AM, so I went to bed, especially because the Greyhound was bugging me to go to bed.

Today, the 130mm Cinelli 1A stem arrived. It's got SLIGHTLY more maximum height and the bar sits SLIGHTLY higher in the stem than the Synthesis, and I decided to use the Soma Highway One bar, which has 13mm less reach and 18mm less drop than the Nerve. With the bars mounted in that stem and the brake levers mounted on the bar with flat ramps, the reach to the bar is a lot better, but also the handlebar drop is less. I'm closing in on it! Tomrrow I should get the Nitto Dynamic stem I ordered, and I'll see if that can get me even closer.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles