View Single Post
Old 11-30-21, 11:30 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,849 Times in 6,066 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
That hardtail you posted looks to have a very old bottom end with a Shovelhead top end. I don't know what would be involved in doing that but it's kinda cool that you can do it.
I don't think any of the guys I knew who had Harleys or other choppers or cruisers ever had bad crashes. The ones who got hurt or killed were on crotch rockets or riding drunk or stupidly on other bikes.
My older brother rode motorcycles for 40 years without an injury. He rode to work, rode in Europe, Japan, and New Zealand.
I used to work with an English woman who was very into motorcycles. She told me at one point, while still living over there, she owned some Kawasaki that was The Fastest production bike in the world at that time, and she was bombing down the freeway at 150 and realized, "If I keep this bike, I'm going to die." So she sold it. Over here, she and her husband got Harleys, which are much slower and thus less likely to kill you.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles