Old 06-07-21, 06:55 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
What?

I'm not sure what that has to do the majority (over 50%) of your energy being supplied aerobically for efforts over ~40ish seconds.

The longer you go, the higher the percentage of aerobically supplied energy. Other than duration, doesn't really depend on the effort at all.

With a CP 60 of 330-40, I can do 350w for over 30 minutes, 500w for over 3 minutes, and 700w for over a minute. All of those are aerobic efforts.
What is your question? What is too vague.

Any effort over 330-340 watts for you will have some contribution of that power coming from anaerobic substrates.

There is a limit to the duration of those efforts and despite what you wrote, they are not ALL aerobic. Some of that is anaerobic. If your 700 watts for 1 minute were truly all aerobic, you would be able to ride for much longer than 1 minute at that effort. Look up AWC, FRC. W' to see what I am referring to. OTOH if you are an Exercise Physiologist looking to split hairs on acronyms, I am out. Here is what Andrew Coggan says:

"Functional Reserve Capacity (FRC) FRC is the total amount of work that can be done during continuous exercise above Functional Threshold Power (FTP) before fatigue occurs. Units are kilojoules (kJ) or kilojoules per kilogram (kJ/kg). This effort is related to your ATP-PC energy system, but other energy contributions need to be considered. The simplest explanation is to think of it as your anaerobic battery. If you have a low FRC, you have a smaller battery, and if you have a high FRC, you have a big battery. However, we also have to think about FRC in relationship to Pmax, maybe like this: "

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...rview-WKO4.pdf
Likes For GhostRider62: