View Single Post
Old 05-12-20, 02:46 PM
San Rensho 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
Sure, but multispeed is cycling engineering at its finest.

I'm with you. There is a small park near my apartment that a lot of people ride to (casually), and I can't tell you how many "fixies" I see compared to geared bikes. And I put it in quotes, because the vast majority are actually single speeds.

But you have a 750 F1, and not everyone has such discerning taste. I'm just a scrub that actually thinks the 999 series is the best looking of the lot...

Right, but you can always ride a multispeed bike in the wrong gear, no? Is trying to decelerate with your legs such a good workout? Doesn't seem like the best idea from a physiological standpoint.

When I see people struggling to get over a bridge here (and not because they want to be struggling, but because they are genuinely having a hard time maintaining momentum), I usually say something along the lines of "that's why god invented gears," as I go past...
Thank you for the compliment. I bought the 750 F1 because I wanted to race and in CCS it was very competitive. I learned quickly that I wasn't, I crashed and was not fast. Then I got hit head on by an suv on the street and gave up motorcycles. Its actually a very rare Ducati, I sold it and the guy that bought it restored it beautifully. He was asking 12k for it. Unrestored low mileage 750 F1 command $20k+. But yes, the 999 series are very pretty. Or maybe the 916?

1980 3Rensho-- 1975 Raleigh Sprite 3spd
1990s Raleigh M20 MTB--2007 Windsor Hour (track)
1988 Ducati 750 F1