View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 06:55 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by biker128pedal
Took a 45 mile ride this afternoon. Scoping out routes to put together for another metric century and a clover leaf route for a American century.

Good ride but picked up a nail in the rear tire after 25 miles. Felt a thump thump. I guess if I ran tubeless I’d just had to add some air. It put a hole on each side of the tube.

It must a day to pick up nails.... I picked this up this 10 penny nail at mile 47, I run tubeless and did not flat, and made it home to finish with 52. Luckily, I was heading toward the house where I was going to take a left to add another 20 to the distance, but, nope.

The only thing showing in my tire was about 1/8th of an inch, but since it was not leaking, I left it alone. I was shocked when I pulled this out of my tire.

Likes For jaxgtr: