View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 10:22 AM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ThorUSA
berlinaut... well. how many current jetstreams you would like ?
None. So essentially Dahon's webpage is wrong?

As for spare parts, what exactly do you want ? Nightmare ? Hardly. EX front shock ?No problem! I sold a bunch and ordered a couple cans just in case .
Its not Dahons fault if regular dealers don't pick up the phone and order parts for you. Maybe its time to find a better dealer who does that necessary service for the customer.
Regarding Dahon in General the spare parts situation here in Germany IS a nightmare. Even Dahon-fanboys here will acknowlege that w/o hesitation. And even very commited Dealers regularly fail with getting parts - not only with the Jetstream. This may be historically caused by the split of Dahon and Tern and by the change of the Distributor but this does not change the situation and therefor a lot of dealers turned away from Dahon because of the lack of sustainability and the more than unsufficient situation regarding spare parts. People over here even tend to buy parts from Taobao because the official and at least European sources are few and the parts availabilty is very limited, even with ordinary parts. So they do not have an alternative. At least that's what they say - I do not own a Dahon, therefor I am not personally involved.
In any case dealers may often be a problem but in Germany it is not only the dealers, it has been (and mayb still is) the distribution and the brand itself. From what users say you get good bang for the buck with Dahon, but quality is sometimes questionable and sustainability more ore less in most cases.

Regarding the Jetstream i.e. spare bushings have been a problem. Which is a pity if you need them after relatively short use and it turns out that there are none available for your 1800€ bike.

What happens to a Jetstream if you use it offroad heavily is very well written here:

DEBCAR Story

Warranty? What case you can tell me where there was any squabbles about Warranty ?
I know some people having i.e. problems with their Dahon frames. One case with a broken frame still was within warranty for that frame but Dahon had no more frames available for the model. Bad luck. One had a bike that went just out of warranty with an unrepairably defective bolt of the main hinge. Both threw their bikes away and turned away from Dahon. And I know a couple more cases like these. Cheap prices do not help if the bike does not last. Warranty does not help if there are no spare parts available. BTW acknowledged officially from Dahon, has nothing to do with the Dealer.