View Single Post
Old 02-28-20, 05:01 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 666 Posts
Michael Angelo, that Super Sport is a beauty. You did a great job of getting the shine on it. Your friend did a great job of keeping in good shape all these years. I think some of the appeal of these Chicago Schwinn's are the flamboyant or candy paint jobs. Although, the straight paint like Wildwood's bike are really nice too. Considering their paint set up, spinning discs and electrostatic attraction, they got great results. These Chicago Schwinn's are also damn hard to remove the original paint too.

The chrome is nice when it is all shiny. I had been looking for a Super Sport or Sport Tourer within my budget, but I could only get a Continental within the budget.

Don't change a thing. Ride and enjoy. You are going to get older people commenting about it. Sure they will compare it to their old Varsities or Continental. Don't get upset, they are getting nostalgic and your bike brings back those memories. We, at Bike Forum, all know that the Super Sport was way above these bikes.

It is one of the best pictures of, what I believe is Campus Green, I have seen on the internet. I am considering repainting my Continental Campus Green, but we'll see. Your bike helps tilt the meter in that direction.
Likes For Velo Mule: