Old 06-16-21, 11:51 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Fix-It-Sticks kit. Mine is older that wasn’t sold as a “commuter” or “mountain bike” kit. I would probably choose the mountain bike kit over the commuter one. Although I have never had to a multi tool chain tool on my bike, I have used it on others’ so I carry it. The 15mm open end wrench in the commuter kit has less utility.

The tire levers are have a magnet in the to keep them attached, although they can be used without the levers and work well for looser tires.

The chain tool is particularly ingenious.

This is my “go everywhere” kit. I use the CO2 in town and on trails but for tours, I leave them at home. I also carry a Topeak pump on every bike I own.
  1. FiberFix spoke
  2. chain lube in a 2 oz bottle. This is enough for close to 10,000 miles of riding…honest!
  3. Rema patch kit. I wouldn’t carry anything else
  4. splined nipple wrench since most of my bikes have splined spoke nipples
  5. bearing load tool for Shimano cranks
  6. CO2 head
  7. CO2 canisters
  8. Pressure gauge
  9. Leatherman Squirt
  10. ceramic blade knife
  11. Toe strap and Velcro strap
  12. Various nuts and bolts for racks and chainrings
  13. Film canister (remember those) wrapped in duct tape and with about 6 cotton balls mixed with Vaseline for starting fires
  14. Fire starter
  15. (Not numbered) zip ties
  16. Tyvek evelope from the US Postal service for tire boot. It’s light, compact, and tough…and free!
  17. Bits for Fix-It-Sticks. I added a JIS cross head bit because I’ve become spoiled using them at home.
  18. Fix-it-Sticks.
  19. Aluminum wrench filed to fit 15mm flat. I have Paul brakes and they occasionally need adjusting.
  20. Tire levers
  21. chain tool
  22. Wooltooth chain pliers with 9 and 10 speed quick links.
I use a Lezyne tool wrap and an old camera case to carry the tool kit. It all fits in my Camelbak
I almost went with the fixit stix and squirt myself.