Thread: Jamis Sputnik
View Single Post
Old 09-09-21, 07:29 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
I’d have to agree that the Sputnik is probably going to be better’n most anything State Bicycle Company puts out.
Not an expert on either brand but I own more than one Jamis and I’ve had occasion to work on a couple of those State bikes pre-ride.

The paint on that Jamis I was looking at was pretty nifty compared to the paint on the State bikes I have seen. The components are also nicer on the Sputnik than anything I have ever seen on a State.

I actually bought the cranks that were on ‘em that year because I liked them so much from my test rides. Which I had almost completely forgotten about until just now. Jeeze, I gotta go find those lol.

So, yep, those Sputniks were pretty nice bikes. There were definitely different versions, though. I think the 2010 iteration was lugged 631, which I would have bought immediately if I had ever seen one my size.

And why get another State bike if you got burned on one previously?
Or did you mean something else? I’m inclined to think you got burned by your tone, though.

I like your username lol. Puff puff?