Old 09-21-21, 06:16 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
meant to ride either palos verdes peninsula or malibu/sammos on the old, heavy steel '85 pinarello but decided
spur of the moment to investigate the sart east of imperial. wanted to actually go all the way to corona-and back.
knew it was gonna get hot after 11am (but was starting before 7am and thought i could sneak it in). what wasn't
expected was a big headwind along the 91 fwy corridor heading east. it struck consistently heavy once around "the bend"
on the sart about two miles past anaheim stadium. maybe read the entire weather report next time...threw in the towel
in the gypsum canyon area and headed back.
did divert onto glassell and headed south to old town orange, then zigzagged through orange, tustin, santa ana and
costa mesa enroute back to newport beach. did also do a few miles on the santiago creek trail (which i don't think i'd done
any of previously)...that trail might come in handy at some point. felt like low-90's during the zigzagging through orange county
so was definitely trying to avoid getting stopped at any lights. 64-miles with minimal climbing. still need to hit that sart part
up to/past green river and corona and willl probably try again here in the next month, but from the other direction...maybe a little mount rubidoux to gypsum canyon and back when it cools down a little.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5997649342
Likes For diphthong: