View Single Post
Old 10-28-21, 04:27 AM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 260 Posts
As much as I like that Bianchi Sprint (she loves it too, just based on looks), this isn't a bike for me, so I'm going to take what seems to be a sound general consensus advice to pop into every bike shop she passes and try out a load of different bikes.

Also, "endurance" seems to be the geometry buzzword that would likely be best for her. That's what concerns me about the Sprint, it may be a bit too race-oriented, being a full 1 inch shorter (stack height) than the Specialized Dolce is a big change. It's just too bad Bianchi doesn't seem to have a mid-range price point (around 2K) for an endurance frame (the Infinito XE is the guts of 3 grand!). Then again, she might love it, she's very competitive.

I'm now looking at the Canyon Endurace CF7. A more relaxed geometry, nice carbon frame, Shimano 105, less expensive, killer looks (in the Movistar blue)... but not currently available and not in shops (online only). I'm now on their mailing list, and we'll see what happens in the meantime.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback!

Last edited by ridelikeaturtle; 10-28-21 at 07:33 AM.
Likes For ridelikeaturtle: