View Single Post
Old 12-11-22, 07:09 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
It wasn't snowing when I took the Sam Hillborne out on the Minuteman this afternoon, although Bert and Ernie assured me that if the sky wasn't falling now, it soon would be. Said it was the Principle of Weather Forecasting.
Sure enough, a few little flakes began to fall, one here, another there. After a bit we had recognizable snow flurries, which gave way to well-formed snow showers. Here they are at Arlington's Great Meadow.
The sky is falling! Keeping the rubber side down. That became an increasing preoccupation for the duration of the ride, which proceeded without incident.
Temperatures were in the upper 20s, and it seems I can only take so many photos with the gloves off before the fingertips go on strike. In consequence, I failed to photograph the several Santas on bicycles who were out, riding at first, then walking their bikes as the snow cover got a little deeper. There were, indeed, quite a few riders out, only one of whom was running on carbide studded tires. Everyone else was just using the Force, which worked pretty well under the conditions. Neither the trail nor the roads seemed to be treated (yet), which was just as well from my point of view. As it is, I got a pair of Neo Retros glacé:
Also, my first icicle goatee of the season!
haha nice! well done!
the bike was so clean & dry when you started!
I had to work today otherwise I would have been trying my luck as well. it makes being warm inside all the more cozy
Likes For rumrunn6: