Old 06-29-22, 10:36 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Impressions of the bike fit or impressions of the madone?

I had the manager of trek, who is also a friend of mine, fit me to the madone when it came in. It wasn’t technical like a professional bike fit, but he did take his time and I have not had any issues with pain or discomfort on the madone.

I ordered a 56 and a 58. I can’t remember which came first but they had a 56 in stock and there was no way that was going to work. Even with the extra long mast. On the 58, the one I bought, I have extra long mast at its max height. He thinks I could have gone 61, but I was concerned about the reach. If I ever buy an emonda I might consider a 61.

As far as the bike? I love it. Super smooth, super comfortable. Accelerates fast, corners well. I have not messed with the iso speed at all, but I don’t find bumps in the road any more or any less comfortable than the cervelo. The parkway is a rough riding road, and I think the madone feels better on that road with 28mm then my cervelo with 32mm.

If you are going to get one. I highly recommend doing what I did. Get the Sl6 with shimano di2 and then get the SLR cockpit. It will be cheaper than getting the lowest SLR model and comes with better components.
I was wondering about the fitting process. There is a local place that has the Trek Precision Fit stuff, and will do a fit for $100. The Rotul places around here are $300-400. I think I'm pretty well dialed in on my bike, but wouldn't mind a double check for any beneficial tweaks.

I'm still eyeballing the 2021 Emonda SL7 that is available locally for 25% off sticker. If that goes down in price even more, I may try to pretty please the wife more than I have. On the other hand, I still have a wedding to pay for that has snowballed in cost, and I don't "need" another bike.

I do like the one piece bar/stem that they put on the Emonda SLRs, but that is being recalled for some reason, and Trek has asked owners to stop riding with it.

I still really like my Domane, but would like the Di2 on it. I've done a lot of upgrades to it, have it down to about 20 lbs with pedals, cages, tool roll, etc., and it rides really nicely. Don't want to get rid of it.

If I get another bike, it would be to get a lighter bike, and I'd get rid of the hybrid since I don't use it much anymore.

Not in the market for a Madone.