Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1952 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by mrrabbit
Go back and read your own statement.

=8-|
Exactly what part of my statement do you have a problem with? Two posts directed toward me and you haven't uttered a single word of actual information. Trash in trash out.

No offense but that Park TM-1 you use is an utter POS. How do I know? I have one. It's a cheap tool (cheaply made, yet not cheaply priced) that uses a simple spring to measure against a linear scale. A spring like this doesn't even supply a constant force as the spring sweeps through its range. The idea of having a scale stamped on a design like this is a farce in itself.

Ok, so you're calibrating it to a particular tension force and using it to hit one target, no scale involved. Good, but now comes the critical death sentence for this tool: the readings it gives isn't even consistent! Squeeze that thing five times and it will give you five different readings. Squeeze slowly, then next try squeezing quickly, different reading as well! Why? Because it uses a polymer slider in a metal channel. The static and dynamic friction of the slider makes any kind of repeatability impossible. Using this tool is like using a slinky as a ruler.

You want to build a wheel properly? Use the DT Swiss tensionmeter. It's $587. Or you can get one for $50 from AliExpress that is 100% identical. Probably made in the same factory just without the branding profit markup.
https://www.dtswiss.com/en/component...ng/tensiometer

I say again, exactly what part of my statement do you have a problem with? I'll be waiting for an answer that makes sense.

Last edited by Yan; 11-30-22 at 11:51 AM.