View Single Post
Old 07-01-21, 12:36 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,857 Times in 6,071 Posts
Mrs. GeneJockey was of for a few days of R&R with her gal pals, and made it clear before she went that she didn't want me riding IRL while she was gone, so I Zwifted instead. I learned an important lesson - one month is forever in Computer Years. I hadn't had the laptop that runs Zwift open since May, and of course hadn't opened Zwift, either. So, as a result, the 45 minutes I set aside before a Zwift race I wanted to do, which was supposed to allow 15 minutes for Zwift updating and 30 for a nice warmup turned into just about 12 minutes of warmup that was interrupted by the realization that my bladder would not make it through the entire race comfortably, so I had to *clack,clack,clack* through the house, pee, and *clack,clack,clack* back, just in time for 2:30 of warmup before the start.

It reminded me of the first few after-work rides after DST kicks in - it takes FOREVER to make sure I have everything I need packed to go in the car. So far, I haven't forgotten shoes, fortunately.

Last night I just rode around the new Makuri Island world, doing the same 8 mile loop 3 times and somehow managed to get all 3 times within 6 seconds of each other.

No ride today, but I think I'll take tomorrow off, make it a FOUR day weekend, and spend time on the actual road.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: