View Single Post
Old 07-15-14, 06:59 PM
paintgod93

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie broke something needs help.

Hi, guys I did some searching around and did not really find exactly what I needed. So I apologize if this has been answered a gazillion times in the past already. I bent the second gear on my crankset(sorry if my nomenclature is nowhere near correct) and now a couple of the teeth are all buggered up. I thought it would be a simple process of looking around on amazon and finding a replacement part but apparently there is not a one size fits all fix The local bike shop quoted me $200 bucks for the part and install but i am not really looking to drop that much money into the old girl. Any help that could be offered would be highly appreciated, I really just need some information about where to find some information about what part i need or what that part is exactly. The bike is a Trek that I bought back to get back and forth to college back in probably 03 and after a knee surgery last year I am just not able to jog anymore so I have been getting into bike riding. Managed 22 miles last saturday before I murdered it