View Single Post
Old 07-16-14, 08:53 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by paintgod93
I apologize for getting Andy all riled up, but I guess every forum out there has those that have to go out of their way to be insulting but whatever puts a smile on your face and gets you through the day. The fellow at the bike shop I took it too was quoting me Trek parts so I was under the assumption it was a Trek bike. Sorry I offended you with my gross negligence.

Jim, thank you that is exactly what I needed much appreciated!
No offence taken, I don't get riled too easily. My reply was meant in all seriousness.

One of the questions I get at work (frequently and for many years) is whether "I" (the customer) can fix the bike "myself". I usually give a quick list of the tools and basic process. Based on the customer's response I suggest that they give it a go, and if they get stuck we (the shop) will pick up the rest of the job, or I suggest that they probably should let a more experienced person do the job. When I see the "deer in the head lights" look while I'm explaining things I usually say the latter. When I read the OP's question I saw that look, in a manor of speaking.

It's too bad this medium is so limited in the nuance of communication, or that I can't write well enough to have the difference between gentle satire and flaming be better understood. A

But in my defense I did give actually correct and asked for advise. Many of the following posts give more detail and ask equally valid questions. Andy.