Old 06-03-22, 11:38 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Yeah, it's a bit weird. I have no withdrawal or rebound effects at all. If for whatever reason I suddenly go 3-4 days without coffee, I have no headaches or other obvious poor effects, apart from the fact that I may miss the enjoyment.
My daughter gets really bad headaches if she goes a couple of days without it.

There's definitely a tolerance effect though. Several periods in the past I have gone long intervals without coffee. And then, when I drank that first cup it felt like a shot of amphetamine. Wow!
If anything might cause headaches, like quitting coffee (it's a well known effect), skipping meals, etc, women are more likely to experience it or have worse symptoms.

One of the reasons I stopped taking coffee is due to work, overtimes, graveyard shifts, etc. You'd think that coffee would be a big help getting through a long and busy day and night at work. I thought so too. But I ended up drinking more and more coffee as I develop increasing resistance to the effects of caffeine.

1 cup of coffee used to be enough for the whole day, eventually, I'd take two to get the same effect. At its peak, I'm drinking up to 7 cups of coffee per day! It's an insidious reinforcing feedback of dependency! Nowadays, I can't afford caffeine addiction anymore so I had to quit. I'd say it has its advantages like having a more constant instead of spiky "energy reserve" throughout the day.
Likes For koala logs: