View Single Post
Old 07-22-21, 09:46 PM
Jasongrace313

Bikes: 82 John Howard built by Dave Moulton, 06 Lemond Croix de Fer, 85 trek 620, Trek Fx 7.2, Giant escape 2, Gt Karakoram, Electra Townie 7D,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 34 Posts
Oh, man. Now that I've got it closer to ride ready I believe it's too small for me... And I've already bought a bunch more stuff to go on it. Today with the new bars I put the old wheels on it, to see if I could get the brakes back without having to manuever much like with the 700's. I got the brakes to an acceptable level, took it out, and now I felt cramped in the cockpit?? When I bought it the girl said her Dad was 6 foot, I'm 6 foot. She said it was a large frame, there's an L stamped on the bottom bracket. When I got on it with the super long stem it felt different but not awful, close with some finishing touches needed maybe.
New stem, wider bars (which should theoretically make it "longer" since my arms are further apart lowering the overall reach) Anyway, I rode it for a bit solo and it felt off. I thought maybe I lowered the seat at some point while inspecting it, nope. Hmm. Took the serial number to the internet and sure enough, it is not large at all. The vintage Trek page says it's a 21" frame based on the serial number.

Ha, well, hmm...