View Single Post
Old 10-30-19, 04:32 PM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by dabac
There ARE two different threads on a fixie hub, one for the sprocket and one for the lockring. That’s not a problem though as the lockring thread is smaller than the sprocket thread - which is the same as a freewheel thread.
The big thing is that a LHD f/w needs a LH thread, or pedalling action will unscrew it.
One way of doing a mostly-functional double-drive bicycle would be to buy two bmx hubs, one LHD and one RHD. Disassemble, cut in half and reassemble using either an internal or an external sleeve to maintain tolerable alignment. For bonus points, use the discarded ends to make a front hub.
That's why I asked if a Left Hand Thread sprocket would work on the left side of a flip/flop hub. I don't have the means to just whip one together. If I can get tye bus company to send me a check for when my ratrod fell off the front of it, so I can fix it; the money is going towards my DB Drifter1 to make another ratrod, than the original Huffy Nel Lusso that the bus ran over.

If I can just put a lhd freewheel on a flipflop hub, my search will go a lot easier and all I'll need is to have help building a rear wheel. I already have a bmx 3pc conversion, would just need two sprockets and another driveside arm. A lhd f/w is easier to find, than a dual freewheel hub. I may need to email On Your Left cycles, since they deal with bmx bikes more than any other shop here.