View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 12:17 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked 1,628 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by DyingAndDying
Wobble so hard that the disc brake crashes into the calliper and makes this terrible sound. I heard the screws on the drop out could be bad, but that's not it. Heard the rotor could be bent, hear the rim could be bent... Bike wheel isn't trued, ball bearings worn down due to wobble. Dunno
If this is not a Troll then here is a solution. Set up or hang the bike for maintenance. Take the wheel off and check it closely. Rim, Spokes, Bearings, Tension. Round, Dish and any thing else. The list is long but we have Youtube so it is all possible for you to do this easy. What ever tools you need you can get. Bike shop costs are exsorbatant and ecconomical bike tools abount. Don't be afraid of Harbor Friehgt or cheap tools. You can get the good ones latter if you need them and will apreciate them much more latter on. Solving problems and working on your own bike is truely rewarding.

Or take it to a bike shop and hope you can afford to pay them to do it and after you pay them that they do... Do It!

Note: I have great sympathy for those Bike Shops and employees that are trying to keep thier head above water in a drowning pool. I have no sympathy for Bike Dealerships more intrested in financing than service.