WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunbar
I would like to mount my Dinotte 300r to my Cervelo S2 aero seatpost but I have no idea how to design it.
Dinotte has an aero mount. It is part of their kit here Quad Red/amber 300 /400 series, daytime clamp mount kits ? DiNotte Lighting USA Online Store, I am not a fan of having the serrated teeth and screw to hold the angle. They also made it a more universal fit, so there are rubber strips to adjust for sizing differences. I am more inclined to make it 17° so the light sits upright, especially since most modern bikes use 72-73° for their seat tube angle and not require the need for additional pieces to hold it in place. Take a look at the Synapse specific seat post mounts I designed, they fit and hold in place without the use of rubber shims. If it was me I would design it as one piece, But that said, their kit is only $14, there's no way to get one off parts made that cheaply.

Originally Posted by Lanovran
I've been looking into getting one of these things printed up for a Cycliq Fly6 tail light camera: Fly6 Rear Rack Mount by oddbot - Thingiverse ... The Fly6 only comes with seatpost mounts, but I can't use that on my commuting/touring bike due to the bags I carry on my rear rack. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out. Wave of the future!
That mount was specifically made for his rack, hence the need for two M5 bolts to hold it up. It would appear that the bolt holes were already in the rack to begin with and he just matched it up with his printed mount.

The whole point of the mounts I am working on was that there weren't any alternatives, or they are too generic and hence too universal, bulky, cumbersome and heavy. The more pieces you have to string together to make something work the less stable it becomes. Not so much an issue for lighting, but that wreaks havoc on video recording.