WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Lightbulb Felt Aero Seat Post Mount

A friend of mine has a Felt AR and saw the mount I had on my EVO. He asked where he could get one for himself. I asked him to borrow his bike for a couple of hours and I went and measured up the U-M 1.1A seat post he had can came up with this gem. Now remember this is a render, not a photograph of the actual part.

GoPro Felt Aero:Road Seat Post Mount

I tried a couple of different things on this mount so it is marked as BETA and if anyone else gets one some feedback would be appreciated. I am trying to figure out how to make the clamp area more streamlined and smooth instead of having two ears sticking out for the clamp bolts. It does add slightly more material on the sides of the clamp, but overall I like the look better. Of course since this is an aero seat post there is considerably more work getting it just right in both form and function. If it works well I have hit on a design that will look as good as anything commercially available and at a reasonable cost too.

I also came up with this. It is used to mount anything GoPro style onto a Garmin quarter-turn mount.

GoPro Garmin Quarter-Turn Adapter Mount