Old 06-21-21, 08:40 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 713 Posts
getting this dialed in now. hardly notice the camera anymore now that i know to pull the clip on the strap all the way around the back. it sits nicely behind me around the small of my back. i don't think this would work with a big heavy lens, but for the small plastic zoom i've been using, or one of the upcoming Z pancakes, it's great. and, of course, if you drop it, it's still attached to you and can't fall below your hip.

the camera definitely needed to have the touchscreen turned off. also increased the speed ratio for the auto ISO - but that needs to be bumped up again. the camera brain thinks that at 24mm 1/40s is plenty fast enough, and holds the ISO at 64 until the exposure goes past that point. i think 1/200 is probably a better minimum, except when blur is desired. a minor annoyance is that the camera's app connection doesn't work reliably enough to enable auto-tagging of the images, so i have to use a utility after the fact to geotag from the geotrack file. not a big deal.

here's a few more attempts. lots of unsatisfactory results from a technical standpoint but definitely getting closer! these are all taken from the bike, a second or two to grab the camera, shoot, put it back.

relive link https://www.relive.cc/view/v8qV9RpNE76

camino alto

sir francis drake

intentionally blurry, has a nice texture viewed larger.

picturesque barn, hot AF in the sun.

nicasio reservoir, dry... nice color and textures.

ok, this one wasn't taken while riding. water and snack stop.

Last edited by mschwett; 06-21-21 at 08:43 AM.
Likes For mschwett: