View Single Post
Old 09-01-21, 05:21 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
Commentating is very hard, even harder to be a great commentator, whatever your roll, play by play, or color.
Check any sport, the commentators all have 'redundancy', you can't constantly be creating new key comments, on the fly, and have it work well, and do it timely enough to suit the action...
I can remember back the few times, while working a race, and asked to take over commentary for a race... I SUCKED!
I just couldn't get the thoughts and words together before the peloton was well past the stands... And mostly these were Crits - so I SUCKed, lap after lap after lap... LOL!
good commentating is an art, a gift and a skill to be honed, like sprinting...
Thx
Yuri
Yeah, I listen to baseball on the radio, since I don't subscribe to cable or any MLB streaming. I found that after about 100 games this year (and countless more for the past few years), I found that one of the announcers is really starting to grate on me. I start yelling at the radio, "You said the same thing yesterday!"

Sorry, don't watch any Bob Roll cycling commentary, but I've always kind of liked him.