View Single Post
Old 01-03-22, 05:10 PM
tireheb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
I am curious - what makes your area so difficult for doing a longer 20min test?
im located in santiago, chile, 6 million people city next to the andes mountains with another smaller mountain cord to the other side.
near the city most roads have a stop light or intersection of some sort. the ones that dont usually have climbs (not constant or too much gradient - ie: going twoards the mountains or over some mountain cord), most highways are not really safe and you use their side roads, but these usually have some minor stop here and there or have a bunch of upper passes that mess your rythm a bit (maybe im beeing too cautious here). ive heard most people do it in a 5-6% climb

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Very hard to say. My FTP is about 90% of my 13 minute power and 96% of my 20 minute power.

I would guess your FTP to be 211-218 watts. A lot depends on your anaerobic capacity, if it is very high......your FTP is on the lower end....maybe even 205-210 watts. If you are loaded with ST muscles and fit (you are), you could be closer to 220 watts at current fitness
thanks, this helps me a lot

Originally Posted by cmh

To the OP - target 95% of your 13 min power in your 20 min test. If you are feeling good 1/2 way through bump it up, and if you feel good with 5 min to go bump it up again.
thanks sir, appreciate it