Old 05-22-20, 08:48 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Those are exactly the kinds of bikes I see on half the folks on the MUP, and even ridden by some friends who ride a lot.

Looks like my hybridized Univega Via Carisma. It started as a MTB-lite with heavy steel flat bars and thumb shifters. Now it wears lightweight Nitto albatross bars, bar-end shifters, a rear rack for errands and an AGU weatherproof handlebar bag with KlickFix mount. Great bike for errands, casual solo and group rides.

Eventually it'll probably be my main bike again, as my old neck injury continues to deteriorate. For now I'm mostly riding drop bar road bikes, steel and carbon, but I doubt I'll be able to handle drop bars 10 years from now.

Those upright swept Albatross and North Roads bars are great, remarkably versatile. Mine are set upright at saddle height. I can sit upright when holding the grips, but leaning forward into the curved part of the bar is like riding the hoods on my steel road bike. Same basic ergonomics. A friend flopped the swept bars on both of his hybrids, path racer style, and he's aero and fast in that position.