View Single Post
Old 05-15-22, 03:39 PM
chicagobent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The Leprechaun Rides Again

So, last weekend I rode the Leprechaun from Chicago up to Illinois Beach State Park (38 miles) with some friends who rode their DF bikes. We had a headwind the entire way, but it was great fun and I was able to keep up with my friends. We camped overnight and rode back the next day. Unfortunately, the wind shifted and we also had headwinds the whole way back home. My recumbent muscles were challenged as I had not ridden the bike in over 10 years, but by the end of the trip back I had my recumbent legs back. I will definitely be riding this bike much more now. I had forgotten how pain free a long bike ride could be on a bent.

I added some cheap fenders at the last minute because we were riding in part on some gravel trails and had recently had a lot of rain. They came in very handy.

Before the ride I put a new Schwalbe marathon green belt tire on the front wheel which was a little wider than the original Primo Comet and the bike handled the gravel very well.

We are planning another camping trip for July 4th weekend up to the Bong Rec Area in Wisconsin (80 miles). Can't wait for that trip now that I have my bent confidence back.
Likes For chicagobent: