View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 03:49 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer
We have 5 floors in a landmarked building across the street from the Empire State Building and it’s beautifully designed. We have our own entrance and security so nobody gets up without being checked in. 3 floors have small conference spaces in the elevator areas that were never really used so it was decided to allow folks to put bikes and scooters there. The photo shows where a table and chairs used to be and the passenger elevators are on the other side of the frosted glass. Bikes come up the freight elevators with are in a locked hallway behind the space you see.

I suspect that they will eventually add protection for the carpets. I honestly don’t think there will be a lot of use, for one thing we have a lot of transit options and bike share, and most folks come in from the suburbs or other boroughs. Only a small number of us live in Manhattan. Before it was officially settled the EVP of HR told me I could keep mine in my office but I didn’t want to have folks that don’t have offices feel like I had special privilege, as much as I would have liked having it there.
sweet! you guys hiring?!