QXB

Bikes: None at the moment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Domane SL 5 vs Cervélo Caledonia 105

Hi all,

Not asking to help compare both bikes as I’ve had a chance to ride both in multiple sizes. I’m more asking advise on which I should purchase given a few variables.

Both are the same price up front, but there’s a few factors that concern me with both. The Cervélo concerns me because of it’s press fit BB and lack of dealers and or support. If I purchased a Cervélo it would be from a chain store called Erick’s Bike, Board and Ski.

The Trek I would be purchasing from an LBS. In the domane’s case I would need to replace the stock handlebar to a shorter reach and width, so that incurs a bit of added cost. Also, given I live in the Midwest I’m basically in Trek central so servicing it would never be an issue.

It’s quite the dilemma for sure, both are nice bikes for different reasons. The Cervélo has a snappy fun acceleration to it while still being comfortable, plus right of the box it would be set up and ready to go. The Trek Domane seems to be the ole reliable, it’s just I’d have to spend a bit more to make it work for me.